Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Willbros United States Holdings, Inc.
Houston, TX 77027 United States
This junior Attorney position is responsible for providing legal support to Willbros Oil & Gas construction business units.
Duties include review and interpretation of contracts, drafting and negotiation of contract and commercial terms, and oversight of construction claims. Additionally, the Attorney will assist in the resolution of contract disputes and advising on various legal issues.
The Attorney will be supervised by and work closely with the Assistant General Counsel for Willbros Oil & Gas and other attorneys in the Willbros Legal Department. The position will report to the General Counsel of Willbros Group, Inc. with dotted line reporting into the Willbros Oil & Gas segment.
• Assist in the review and negotiation of prime contracts for Willbros Oil & Gas construction business units, including providing legal risk analysis to management
• Assist in the development and pursuit of construction contracts claims for Willbros Oil & Gas construction business units
• Assist operations with the development and pursuit of change orders and advise on contractual basis for entitlement to change orders
• Advise procurement on various legal issues associated with subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreements
• Liaison with outside counsel related to contract disputes and litigation (limited)
• Assists with internal responses to or analysis of litigation and claims
• Conduct or assist with training on various legal topics
• Generally advise on legal and contract matters as they arise
Education, training, experience:
Law degree from a recognized U.S. law school.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, or Other Requirements:
License in good standing to practice in Texas.
Professional Experience – Requirements:
Skills – Technical:
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in the practice of law.
• Experience in contracting for the construction / engineering industry.
• Experience in construction / engineering industry litigation.
• Familiarity with industry insurance requirements.
• Experience in contract risk-assessment and negotiation.
• Ability to read and interpret legal documents.
Skills – Communication:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one situations to senior management, department managers, clients and general public.
• Ability to negotiate effectively.
Skills – People:
• Commitment to customer service and ability to successfully work in a team oriented environment.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Experience supervising support staff.
• High degree of integrity to maintain confidentiality of work and uphold ethical standards.
Willbros is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Terms & Conditions